Thursday, April 21, 2011

Here Goes.....Just a little of this, little of that.

 I have thought for a long time about starting a blog....for various reasons. It seems to be a way for family members to get a little insight into our lives, I mean you can't share every detail on the phone....believe me I've tried over the years. Just ask my mom and older sisters! LOL I am sure there were many times they tired of hearing me share minute details of our lives. Especially once the kids were born. :)
 Sometimes at night I want a place to tell about what the kids have done, maybe share my thoughts, and if no one ever reads it, that's fine by me. I just need a place to record some things, and I get tired of trying to write in a journal. After a while my hand gets tired and my writing becomes very messy!
 I plan to write about my kids, my hubby, our life as a family, maybe some deeper thoughts (don't worry...they don't go too deep!). Maybe I'll share some pics so far away family members can see how quickly my kiddos are growing up and keep up a little.

 So....the first milestone to record, is that just last Sunday, on the 17th of April, we celebrated David's 10th birthday. We actually celebrated all weekend! We took brownies to our homeschool workshops on Friday to share with our friends at lunch and they all sang to him. He had a friend over to spend the night on Friday, then another friend came to spend the day on Saturday. Of course we had to have cake & ice cream with both friends here. On Sunday afternoon, while the weather was beautiful, we took a family bike ride on Grant's Trail. We had a great time, rode 9 miles and wore ourselves out!
 I find myself watching David so often. I see him growing up right before my eyes and I am a very proud mama! Sometimes I worry that I push him too hard, or that I expect too much of him, but I trust that God will give me wisdom each day as I do my best to teach and nurture this wonderful young life. David and I have always had a very close and special bond. He, from a very young age, has always been very nurturing himself. Anytime I am sick or really tired or just feeling down, he does what he can to take care of me. He is very caring and serving when he sees any of us in need. He is so sensitive and smart and funny! He is such a joy to be with.
  I hope he never outgrows his mama's hugs. Most of all, what I desire for him as he grows up is to always follow Jesus. I hope and pray that I can show him how to live his faith every day.

 Now...to record a precious moment....Alahna loves to make up songs about God and sing them to me. (I really need to get her on video singing one of her songs. It's great!) She came to me this evening as I was cooking dinner and asked if she could sing a song to me that she just made up. I, of course, told her to please sing for me. The name of her song was "Glory to God" and I loved it! I was laughing so hard inside. Just watching her sing with her toy microphone and the way she moved while she sang....oh, it was hilarious! Her songs almost always are about God or Jesus and His love for us. I guess she's learning, huh? :) She makes me so proud!

 That's all for now. I really need to go to sleep. No school today! YAY!! I am planning to have a time of communion and feet washing with the kids later today as we talk about Jesus and the reason we are celebrating this Sunday. We did it last year and we really enjoyed it. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment