Friday, June 10, 2011

Marking Time

  I can't believe we are already 10 days into June. Seems like just yesterday I was posting about our vacation. Not only has the past month just flown by, but the last 10 years. Michael and I were recently discussing how fast the years are passing, and I commented that maybe it was because with the kids, the years are chopped up into such small segments. We are always marking time from one game to the next, one holiday to the next, etc. For the kids, time may seem to creep by, but for us it seems to be whizzing by like a jet plane! 
  May was a busy month. Alahna graduated from Kindergarten. It was a very brief, yet sweet evening shared with friends from ARCHE. Michael and I presented her with her diploma in front of our parents and several other homeschool families. She looked so cute in her cap and gown!
 Between our vacation and Alahna's graduation we celebrated Mother's Day and Mom's birthday. We enjoyed a fun afternoon at Crystal City park. Our family games of volleyball have quickly become a favorite! (We've only played twice!) LOL 
WOW! They all look so happy! LOL

Mom - the Birthday girl!

Me & Jesse

Jason and Chloe

David 

Warren, Kynzie, Alahna, Tyler, Kylie

Ronni

Alahna & Chloe

Justin, Josh & my kids


  The week following Alahna's graduation, David took the Stanford Achievement Test for the first time. He seemed to do well, but we have not yet received the results. We are not required to have this testing done, but chose to for various reasons. We thought it would be  good experience for him.
 I got to spend two different days with Dad while taking him to doctor appointments. That was a pleasant time that doesn't happen often. We had lunch together and I enjoyed hearing a few stories from when he was younger.
  We then ended the month with my Mom & siblings at West City Park on Memorial Day. It was a very long, but fun filled day. It was quite warm, but the little ones cooled off with the water pump! We played softball this time. I only got to play for a little bit before needing to go check on our pavilion and food. But the "boys"(my brothers,hubby, & brothers-in-law) and Carla and Ronni played for quite a while.
Peyton, Harrison, Tyler, Alahna, David

Peyton, Harrison, Tyler, Alahna, Kynzie, Warren, David

Chef Michael



The water was SO cold!
 Karin(my step-sister) and her family joined us for the first time in several years. Her husband had not yet met most of our family. It was great to have them there. I am sure that Warren would be so pleased to see them together with all of us. 


In the midst of all of this busy activity for the month, we were trying to finish our school year. We are still working on that! David was preparing for the State Youth Competition, so we spent much time practicing his song and working on his Bible Sword Drill. I'll tell more about that in the next post.

 I must go for now. There are things to be done and I am planning to take a few hours to myself this evening while Michael keeps the kiddos! I think I'll go to the mall and get some good smellies at Bath & Body Works! Then maybe some cinnamon pretzel bites with icing!!! MMM!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment