Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Love You Forever

 Tonight as I was going into Alahna's room to pray with her and tuck her in, I decided I would hold her and sing to her before she gets too big for me to do that anymore. I had to crawl under her jump rope that is tied from the posts at the head and foot of her bed. LOL She is sleeping under a tent that she made with a blanket and her rope. I sang a couple little songs...one that is just her name sung to a tune that I adopted for that purpose and another that is the same tune but words I sing to her about how we love her. She has always loved that. I did the same for David when he was little. Then I sang "Masterpiece" by Sandi Patti.



Lyrics:
Before you had a name or opened up your eyes
Or anyone could recognize your face.
You were being formed so delicate in size
Secluded in God's safe and hidden place.

With your little tiny hands and little tiny feet
And little eyes that shimmer like a pearl
He breathed in you a song and to make it all complete
He brought the masterpiece into the world.

You are a masterpiece
A new creation He has formed
And you're as soft and fresh as a snowy winter morn.
And I'm so glad that God has given you to me
Little Lamb of God, you are a masterpiece.

And now you're growing up your life's a miracle
Everytime I look at you I stand in awe
Because I see in you a reflection of me
And you'll always be my little lamb from God

And as your life goes on each day
How I pray that you will see
Just how much your life has meant to me.

And I'm so proud of you
What else is there to say?
Just be the masterpiece He created you to be.

David sang that song with me at Alahna's baby dedication. I have sung it to both kids since they were itty bitty.

After some time with my precious girl, I went to David's room. I had already decided that I would do nearly the same for him. I knew I couldn't hold him on my lap, but we snuggled and I sang to him after a lengthy conversation.
 I sang "Masterpiece" to him and then I decided I would sing one more little chorus to him.

 Almost 11 years ago
at my baby shower, my dear, sweet friend Trish gave me a book  entitled "Love You Forever". If you have never read this book, you really must read it sometime, but make sure you have a box of tissues handy! I was told I had to read this book at my baby shower in front of everyone while I was 8 months pregnant and extremely emotional! Some friend, huh! LOL ;) Just kidding!
I have treasured this book and read it to David over the years. It is very special to both of us. 

 It is a short story of a young mother who rocks her baby and sings a little chorus that says, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."  Throughout the book there are humorous situations depicted that occur over the years as her son grows. As the years pass, she continues to go into his room at night and pick him and rock him while singing the chorus,  
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."  I won't give away the whole story, but at one point of the book, the son sings to his mother, 
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my mommy you'll be." 


 Well, I told all that to tell this....as I sang that chorus to my quickly growing, almost 11 year old boy, he began to sing with me. As our choruses neared the end, and he sang his part while I sang mine, the tears started to fall. I held him so very tightly and he held me. 


 Then we prayed and I tearfully thanked God for allowing me to be that precious little boy's mom. That was followed by his prayer thanking God for giving him such an awesome mom. What a gift!


 I don't have photos or video of these moments, but I will never need them. These moments will forever be engraved in my heart and my mind. Precious moments of precious children. Gifts from God.
Their lives truly are a masterpiece that only God could create. I am blessed to be a part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment